October 5, 2011 Comments Off on Why Sex?
Research shows that every 39 minutes, a new pornographic movie is made. Every second $3,075 dollars is spent on pornography. With a mind blowing worldwide revenue of $97.06 billion in 2006. The iraq war is costing us on average of $9 billion per month, meaning we can go to war for 10 months and still have $7.06 billion left over with the amount of money we spent on porn in 2006. Oh and just a side note, the statistics show that women are just as active as men in buying porn.
Why? Why is so much money spent? Why is sexual pleasure such a sought after thing?
Sex was created to create life, to bond 1 man and 1 woman together through marriage – never to be the top grossing industry for anyone to see and find pleasure in. Demographic statistics show that the most popular segment in age is 18 and younger.
Man and woman were created to co-exist, to enjoy each others company- read Genesis. Sin entered the world and became attractive to Eve because the devil made her believe that God would never find out, that God didn’t know what was best for her.
Sin has a viscous cycle of taking your interest in something and turning it into your slave. Sin encapsulates and destroys your heart and your mind, leaving you with degraded thoughts and feelings about yourself. God does know what’s best for us because He was the one that created us. We believe that God doesn’t want us to enjoy our life, to enjoy pleasure – which is totally false, God wants us to enjoy the pleasure of finding love, belonging, and purpose in Him. Not ourselves.
If this is you today, you do not have to be a slave for any longer. God has the power to forgive and purify your mind, but it cannot be simply fixed through just prayer. Sexual sin is more than repentance, it takes outward changes to fix the inward disease inside you, known as sexual sin. Find an accountability partner, someone that you can be transparent with!
This is an epidemic and if my generation doesn’t put a stop to this, we are going to go into poverty over sex. It’s far time for a generation to rise up that is willing to put a stop to this, to give a solution to this sexual slavery. The root of the problem isn’t so much that sex feels good, but that it creates a sense of belonging for the participant. Sin has the power to strip you of joy, to become an infectious disease in your life and grow into an addiction and slave driver – controlling your thoughts and actions.
As human beings we long to belong to something, we long to be feel accepted and apart of more than ourselves. We long to feel special, that someone actually cares about us and finds something about us attractive. If this is you today, choose to belong to God. God will never take advantage of you, nor will He take away your happiness, but will reimburse you with an eternal joy and belonging in Heaven. It’s never too late to come to God, nor is there a sin too great to repent of or ask forgiveness for.
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” -1 Corinthians 10:13
September 21, 2011 Comments Off on Flying V
“Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” -Matthew 18:20
Have you ever wondered why ducks fly in a “v” formation? I sure have, i researched it and was astonished to find out why:
- By flying in a “v” formation, ducks are able to achieve up to 71% greater flying range than if each duck was to fly on its own. It is also a known fact that when a duck breaks the formation, it feels the drag and resistance, so it falls back into formation.
As a generation, if we cannot learn to put aside our differences and come together we are going to be defeated by the drag and resistance of hell against our life. It is time for a generation to rise up that is willing to fly together, willing to unite to change the world for Christ. You have to be willing to search for people who are flying in the same direction that you are to form up into a “V” and share the resistance.
- The ducks from behind honk to encourage the other ducks ahead of them to keep the pace and to keep flying faster. If we as christians cannot encourage one another and are too focused on ourselves, we are all going to fail. Jesus didn’t die just for you, but so that the whole world would have a chance to have eternal life. The more we focus on our accomplishments and the less on Gods faithfulness and greatness, the formation will fall apart.
- When the lead duck gets tired from caring the load of the entire formation, he rotates back and lets someone else take on the burden. The body of Christ is meant to stand together, not apart. So often times I see people leaving others out to dry because they don’t have the same denomination or belief about a certain issue- who are you to be the judge? We are called to help one another when one goes down, to share the burdens that life throw at us.
This generation needs a group of leaders to rise up to be who God has called them to be. To put aside the things they love for the One they love, Jesus. It’s time for us to take a stand, a call to arms to build formations around us to go at life together. Find people that are willing to fly in the same direction as you and go after this world. Conquer hell for the kingdom and don’t be afraid to encounter resistance, you’ve got the flock behind you to fight with you!
September 13, 2011 Comments Off on Mythbusters (Pt. 2)
In my opinion, these are the 7 greatest myths about God, the bible, and christianity facing people today. (Part 2: 4-7)
4. My goal on earth is to survive the world. We are not called to survive this world, but to change this world. The devil leads us to believe that we are merely meant to just survive our trials, survive this lifetime to finally enjoy God in Heaven. While that is partially true, we are never called to survive anything, but to divide and conquer for the Kingdom. Jesus didn’t die for ALL of your sins in hopes that you would survive the world. If He just wanted you to survive then He didn’t even need to lay His life down. Each and every single person is called to something greater, called to a bigger purpose to change the world. It is your uniqueness that makes you powerful, your ability to conquer trials and share your experiences- not just lay them aside and hope to forget them one day. People are going to fail you, but your faith never will. Stand and deliver for The Kingdom. Be the change.
5. I should listen to every piece of advice and criticism I receive (Prov. 13:20-21). Even though someone may tell you that you are wrong or stupid, if God is telling you He wants it done THEY are wrong- God is always right. Not everyone is going to agree with you, you are going to face resistance from even other christians because they are insecure in their faith and don’t like the idea that you’ve found your calling and they haven’t. Hold firm in the promises God has made you and let Him be your friend and walk by your side. Right voices equal right choices. We listen to idiots, some of your friends are stupid. You will listen to you friends while you ignore your parents- we don’t listen to the people that love us the most. We listen to someone that doesn’t know a thing about our life, one little decision we let them manipulate us into causes us to spend years trying to put our life back into order. We listen to the ones that can gain us the most popularity, not the most prosperity in our faith. You are special, no matter what anyone has ever told you- you matter as a person created in Gods image. Apart from God we are doomed for hell, but with Him we are destined for an eternity glorifying Him with no sorrow, tears, or pain.
6. My parents are divorced, I am doomed to have my heart broken too, so I should shut people out. If you stay close enough to Jesus, He will lift you up every time. We think great people don’t fall, but in reality they fall more than we do, but they know to get back up and show up time and time again. That tragedy of divorce is becoming more and more evident in todays culture more than ever, but that doesn’t mean you’re going to be the next statistic. Yes, that happened to your parents, but it does NOT have to happen to you. The only person you have control over is yourself, you cannot control anyone elses life but your own. Through your parents divorce, you will learn what it means to fight for a relationship, to take down the barriers and to trust someone. The longer you wall up your heart, the longer it’s going to take that special person to take them down. Position yourself in a way to let God free you from this attitude and them to heal you. You cannot look to men and women to be your savior, there is no one capable but Jesus Christ who has the power to calm the storms and make the mountains move. They don’t control your destiny, He does. The longer you date and sleep around trying to heal and look for a solution to your painful problem, the more pain you’re going to cause yourself. Jesus can heal you.
7. I have to be a worship leader, author, or preacher to have an impact in ministry. We spend so much time trying to be like everyone else that we miss the uniqueness in our own life and the gifts God has given us. God has called you to do something or to be somebody special at a special place in a special time. Some people are called to be a doctor for the less privileged, to be a CEO of XYZ corporation that can donate millions of dollars to churches and charities, or maybe even an engineer that will design buildings or technology for people far from God to be filled with life in Christ. For so many of us, we know what God has already called us to be but we are too afraid to embrace the reality of the career God wants us to get on track with because it’s not one with a big house, 6 digit paycheck, or loads of vacation time. It’s not about our life to live, but ours to give to the one that gave us EVERYTHING.
September 11, 2011 Comments Off on Anchor Me
My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you. Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man. Proverbs 3:1-4
If you’re like me, you love the outdoors. I especially enjoy fishing and being out on the water. After spending numerous hours in the boat I realized that the most important thing you can have on a boat is the anchor.
If the boat doesn’t have an anchor, the boat is at the mercy of the waves and the wind…Which is not good for all of you that have been on a boat. Having a strong enough anchor may seem like an added weight on your boat, but is the most important item to have in your boat.
For so many people today, we look at the bible at the standard for our way of life. Which is totally great, but for so many of those same people we look at what the bible tells us as a burden rather than an anchor.
Jesus is our ultimate anchor, chained by the word of God. Jesus wants to anchor our life in truth, love, and compassion– not be a burden. But for some of us, we don’t desire to be anchored down. We live our life floating around, aimlessly ending up wherever the waves will take us. We don’t care because we hurt by our lives, fully jealous of the people that seem to have it together- jealous of the people that are on the stage.
We waste our days trying to get rid of the pain in our hearts. We live our present trying to defeat our past- floating our life away.
The only thing that can ever defeat your past in Jesus. The only thing that you can trust to always be there and love you is Jesus. The only thing that can save you from eternal suffering in Hell is Jesus.
Trust Jesus. Let him anchor your life in where you’re at right now, not float away. Start caring about your life and live in the truth that Jesus is more powerful than your problem and can stop everything around you- He can anchor your life. It’s about time you anchor your eternity in Heaven.
July 21, 2011 Comments Off on To Whom It May Concern
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war rise up against me, yet I will be confident. (Psalm 27: 1, 3)
So, I never done this before…But I am writing 2 blog posts today. I feel like somebody needs to the read this and I pray that if you’re who I am writing for that you would know God loves you and to hang in there. God called me to write this for you, so here we go:
Whoever you are, I want you to know that God loves you. Sometimes in our life, we feel like everything goes wrong because it’s our fault. You feel like you messed up so badly that everything is your fault, that the reason your family is falling apart is because you messed up- because you came into the world. I want you to know, that’s a lie.
You feel like this God thing is real, but it seems to be for people with perfect lives and perfect families. That’s not true either. Some of the greatest people that God ever used in the bible were murderers and prostitutes.
I want you to know, you’re right where you need to be. God wants to use this painful time and situation in your life to be a world changer. Don’t you dare give up. If you’re not willing to go through pain, then you’re not ready for God to use you.
God prepares His greatest people with the greatest trials because He wants them to be willing to withstand hell when it comes against you. Place your hope that you have a greater calling tonight and don’t be defeated by this time in your life.
I am sorry things happened the way they were, but we were never created to live for Earth. For christians, Earth is our living hell because it will only get better as we reign with Christ.
The greatest times in your life, your greatest potential, isn’t behind you it’s ahead of you. Don’t give up. God is going to see you through, don’t let this time of pain and depression bog you down. When you’re feeling depressed, read your bible. If you fully believe in what Jesus did for you on the cross, then you can live in the promises to never fear, to never be depressed, to never wonder what terror tomorrow holds because Your Healer is going to see you through tonight, tomorrow, and 10 years from now.
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his son is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. (Psalm 42: 5,8)
Sometimes you have to worship through the pain to get to the gain. When all hope is lost and you feel like your walls are closing in, you have to worship God. Worship through it because joy comes in the morning.
Hang in there! You’re almost there.
June 27, 2011 Comments Off on Death Sentence
“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”” -John 11:25-26
Each and everyone of us has an appointed time, place, day, and means that we are all going to die. It doesn’t matter how much money you’ve made or how far you can try to run away, you are going to die and every single human being will go before God.
It doesn’t matter the age you are or the clothes you wear. Romans 14:8 says “If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.” However I think it applies that if you aren’t living for the Lord, you are going to die to the devil.
If you truly think about it, it’s wild. You are going to die, everything that you ever lived for. cried over, purchased, and loved will not matter- the only thing that matters is what have you done for God.
“A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth.” – Ecc 7:1
But for many it will be worse than anything they have ever experienced. The moment of realizing that all those crazy christians were right, God is real and you can’t relive your life. The moment you die you are going to be ushered into judgement before God and given a sentence of eternal life or eternal pain in hell.
“They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might” —2 Thessalonians 1:9
Can you imagine what it would feel like to be in a place completely separated from God- forever? Can you imagine the pain and guilt you would feel for not believing? Calling out, screaming out God’s name and asking for forgiveness and nothing would ever come to you- ever?
While Hell isn’t vividly described in the bible, bits and pieces are given to us:
- “fire cannot be quenched” – (Mk.9:48)
- “weeping / gnashing of teeth” – (Mt.25:30)
- ” tormented in this flame” – (Luke 16:24)
- “danger of hell fire” – (Matt 5:22)
As a christian you have one chance, one lifetime to make a difference. You have the opportunity to give God everything you’ve got and allow yourself to be used to help spread the good news that people don’t have to go to hell.
“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” -John 14:6
If you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and died for your sins, then you have the green-light to start working for God right now. You never need to asks anyone else’s permission to do something for God, other than God himself. People are going to tell you it’s stupid, that someone else can do it, or that you can’t do it yourself. The clock is ticking and the time to rise up is now, we have got to make a difference in this world right now! No matter how old or how young you are, God wants to use you right now.