May 19, 2011 Comments Off on Love Doctor (Pt. 4)
This is part 4 of the “love doctor” series this week about relationships. Feel free to leave a comment with any question you may have about relationships or God in general! Today we are going to talk about finding “the one” for you or if you have already found them, how to keep them in your life.
Thanks for visiting the Doctor today, here are your symptoms: wondering if He or She is right for me
I think for so many of us, we wonder about whether or not we are going to ever find “the one” or if we should just settle for someone that thinks we’re cute, totes presh, or funny. We wonder if there could ever possibly be someone out there that will treat us half decent after dating all the douche bags and witches with a “b” in front.
You know you’ve found the right guy when…
- You spend more time praying and reading your bible than making out
- He values you as a person, not just as his girlfriend
- His agenda for your relationship isn’t his own, but God’s
- He values your input more than he values his desire to put it in you
- His integrity is no different around you in public than in a room alone when nobody is home
- He encourages you to run after God, not run so you can wear a shorter dress in public
- His favorite thing about you isn’t your eyes, curves, stomach, tan – it’s your love for God
- He constantly keeps you accountable to your calling for God, not the amount of times you call him.
- He loves God more than he loves you (Don’t get mad, you’ll thank me later for this quality)
- He wants a “God story”, not a “hollywood story” for yalls relationship
- Her ability to love you isn’t on her actions, but the fruits of the spirit
- Her life isn’t dependent on you, but on God
- She recognizes she has the ability to speak to your good or bad side
- She accepts you for who you are, not accepts you “earning her love”
- She spends more time in church than reading “Teen”, “Cosmo”, and “Seventeen”
- The sexiest thing about her is her love and passion for God, not her body
- Her greatest passion in life is serving God, not making you a sandwich
- If you could only spend your life with one person, it would be her
- She doesn’t tempt you to sin, but tempts you to dream the impossible for God.
- She knows “hollywood” romances aren’t real, but “God stories” are
1 Corinthians 15:33 “Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”<>1 Corinthians 6:18 “Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body”<>Philippians 1:9-10 “And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ”<>Romans 12:1-2 “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”